cat that is a no
how do cats even work
- A cat can jump up to five times its own height in a single bound.
- The little tufts of hair in a cat’s ear that help keep out dirt direct sounds into the ear, and insulate the ears are called “ear furnishings.”
- The ability of a cat to find its way home is called “psi-traveling.” Experts think cats either use the angle of the sunlight to find their way or that cats have magnetized cells in their brains that act as compasses.
- One reason that kittens sleep so much is because a growth hormone is released only during sleep.
- A cat has 230 bones in its body. A human has 206. A cat has no collarbone, so it can fit through any opening the size of its head.
- A cat’s nose pad is ridged with a unique pattern, just like the fingerprint of a human.
- If they have ample water, cats can tolerate temperatures up to 133 °F.
- A cat’s heart beats nearly twice as fast as a human heart, at 110 to 140 beats a minute.
- Cats don’t have sweat glands over their bodies like humans do. Instead, they sweat only through their paws.
- The claws on the cat’s back paws aren’t as sharp as the claws on the front paws because the claws in the back don’t retract and, consequently, become worn.
- Cats make about 100 different sounds. Dogs make only about 10.
- Researchers are unsure exactly how a cat purrs. Most veterinarians believe that a cat purrs by vibrating vocal folds deep in the throat. To do this, a muscle in the larynx opens and closes the air passage about 25 times per second.
- A cat almost never meows at another cat, mostly just humans. Cats typically will spit, purr, and hiss at other cats.
- A cat’s back is extremely flexible because it has up to 53 loosely fitting vertebrae. Humans only have 34.
- Some cats have survived falls of over 65 feet (20 meters), due largely to their “righting reflex.” The eyes and balance organs in the inner ear tell it where it is in space so the cat can land on its feet. Even cats without a tail have this ability.
- A cat can travel at a top speed of approximately 31 mph (49 km) over a short distance.
- A cat’s hearing is better than a dog’s. And a cat can hear high-frequency sounds up to two octaves higher than a human.
- A cat’s brain is biologically more similar to a human brain than it is to a dog’s. Both humans and cats have identical regions in their brains that are responsible for emotions.
And that’s how cat’s work.
oh my god it is calming
i think we could all use some calming cat right about now.
No but it turns its head one way faster
this is frustrating me
hello this is for our friendsession because my handwriting is shit merry christmas to all you fuckers and good night
but eeeeeeeeee :DDDD
yells to the world that my matesprit is AWESOME
also ye i still like having ppl we know, but we could mix in our trollsonas to be more of the antagonists??? main players of the troll session
also we could include mikayla as a troll??? and tony gets into an intraspecies(???idk i forgot what the opp word of interspecies was :/) relationship with her which causes shit to go down, but also the false steps w/ ryan and aiden are also big(ish?) events and ye
also i saw that about amir and i approve of him joining (the more the merrier i whisper) but i agree that we should keep connor in :/ (maybe he just never makes it in time before the meteor shower??)
and then i raise another question: what about dana? she could be a troll?? and provides some more action for clare and stuff
god this is like, the instant happiness button
I can never have a bad day when this video exists
it turns out unexceptional super-saturated cat portraits are actually really fun to make when you’re drawing your own cat
LOOK HOW FUCKING PRECIOUS THIS CAT IS
I’M GOING TO CRY
I WOULD LIKE THAT HAT IT IS WEARING
I found these images in a folder on my hard drive. I remember I scanned them for someone once from a book. I figured I’d post them on here in case anyone is interested in some cat anatomy tips.
How to introduce 2 cats to each other
there’s a bug on the ceiling
he’s been like this for minutes